Saturday, May 7, 2011

When I say "F" I mean...

...quite a few things.

1. FOCUS - too many guys come into the gym with other motives other than working out. Focus people. You are only there to improve yourself, the others around you don't matter. Get the most out of each rep and each set. Dorian Yates once said "If you aren't training at 100% you are wasting your time".

2. FORGET - forget what happened before you got here and forget about what you think will happen when you leave. Just pay attention to what's at hand. Oh yeah, and that guy screaming at the weights or that girl in the revealing gym attire...forget them too.

3. FINISH - complete the workout. Sometimes I train through fatigue, set backs, dizziness and other stuff that would be seemingly crippling. If you are injured stop for your own benefit, otherwise get in there and push yourselves to the finish line.

Leg Day
Did my first leg day in about 3 months. I had some ankle, knee and hamstring injuries that had been preventing me from training my wheels but today I really focused on getting some super deep squats (even though I had to use much lighter weight) and I got some great single leg deadlifts in!

I felt like I was going to through up then I thought about Arnold's voice reminding me that throwing up is just a part of the magic.

Now I'm off for the rest of the weekend, gotta keep my protein counts high!

Keep the party going or stay home and sleep - either way I'll be training.

No comments:

Post a Comment